Toggle navigation
Nbgsresearchdb
Select a table
Obituaries
Headstones
Weddings
Births
Churches & Parishes
First families
Profiles:People of the Miramichi
Sign In
Admin login here ->
Admin login here ->
Sign In
NB Genealogy Association-Miramichi
Research Database v1.1 CBT Technologies
Search Help
Churches & Parishes
Churches parish details
Loading ...
Id no
Unique id number for this record
00000095
Parish Name
*
Parish where this church is located
Alnwick Parish
Blackville Parish
Blissfield Parish
Chatham Parish
Derby Parish
Glenelg Parish
Hardwick Parish
Ludlow Parish
Nelson Parish
Newcastle Parish
North Esk Parish
Rogersville Parish
South Esk Parish
Church name
Name of this church
Address
Church address
2580 Rte. 118
Chelmsford, NB
E9E 2G7
Status
*
Is this church ACTIVE or INACTIVE. If unsure select UNKOWN
UNKOWN
ACTIVE
INACTIVE
Office ph
Phone number for the church office
Manse ph
Phone number for this church manse (if active)
Church ph
Phone number for the church
Email
Current email address of this church (if active)
Church website
Church photo
Maximum file size allowed: 100 KB.
Allowed file types: jpg, jpeg, gif, png
Error: This file type is not allowed. Only {FileTypes} files can be uploaded
Error: The file you uploaded exceeds the maximum allowed size of {MaxSize} KB
Church history
*
Paragraph that details some of the information about this church.
St.Edward’s was built in 1896-97 -on land bought from Stephen and Catherine Duthie.
In 2020 it is the part of a new church parish OUR LADY OF LOURDES, formed in 2018. This parish also includes The Most Pure Heart of Mary, Barnaby, and St Patrick’s, Nelson and officially opened on June 1, 1897. This church became a mission of St.Bridget’s, Renous. On Aug. 1,1989 it became a mission of St. Patrick’s, Nelson.
Church Office at St. Patrick’s
Cemetery info
Cemetery info such as location, when established etc.
CEMETERY:
St. Edward’s R.C. Cemetery
LOCATION OF CEMETERY:
behind church
DATES OF CEMETERY:
From 1904 to the present day.
Clergy list
List of clergy that have served this church
Rev. Edward S. Murdock-1897-1925
Rev. Joseph Murdock Burns 1925-1933
Rev. Wm. J. Nowlan 1933-1951
Rev. Thomas F. Barry 1951-1961
Rev. Joseph A. LeBlanc,1961
Rev. Roy F. McLean 1961-1971
Rev. Robert A. Grattan 1971-1981
Rev. A. David Bona (Associate)
Rev. Vincent J. Donovan 1981-1986
Rev. Samuel J. Diotte 1986-1989
Rev. Leo J. Sullivan 1989-1991
Rev. Leon W. Creamer 1991
Rev. Daniel Melansion 1994
Source
*
Individual or other source of this church record
100th Anniversary booklet-Opal Doyle
Pax Vobis-A History of the Diocese of St.John-Rev. Dr. M. McGowan
Date added
Date on which this recrod was added to the database if known
2020/3/27
Added by
User name of person that entered this information into the database (if known)
faye.baisley
Revised
The last time that this record was updated.
2020/9/3
Revised by
The person that last made changes to this record
faye.baisley
Back
Print Preview