Toggle navigation
Nbgsresearchdb
Select a table
Obituaries
Headstones
Weddings
Births
Churches & Parishes
First families
Profiles:People of the Miramichi
Sign In
Admin login here ->
Admin login here ->
Sign In
NB Genealogy Association-Miramichi
Research Database v1.1 CBT Technologies
Search Help
Churches & Parishes
Churches parish details
Loading ...
Id no
Unique id number for this record
00000059
Parish Name
*
Parish where this church is located
Alnwick Parish
Blackville Parish
Blissfield Parish
Chatham Parish
Derby Parish
Glenelg Parish
Hardwick Parish
Ludlow Parish
Nelson Parish
Newcastle Parish
North Esk Parish
Rogersville Parish
South Esk Parish
Church name
Name of this church
Address
Church address
12 St. Bridget’s Crescent
Renous, NB
E9E 2G1
Status
*
Is this church ACTIVE or INACTIVE. If unsure select UNKOWN
UNKOWN
ACTIVE
INACTIVE
Office ph
Phone number for the church office
Manse ph
Phone number for this church manse (if active)
Church ph
Phone number for the church
Email
Current email address of this church (if active)
Church website
Church photo
Maximum file size allowed: 100 KB.
Allowed file types: jpg, jpeg, gif, png
Error: This file type is not allowed. Only {FileTypes} files can be uploaded
Error: The file you uploaded exceeds the maximum allowed size of {MaxSize} KB
Church history
*
Paragraph that details some of the information about this church.
On October 1832 Father Michael Egan,headquartered at St. Patrick’s in Nelson, was appointed resident priest of Miramichi. He supervised the building of many churches including Our Lady of Mount Carmel at ” the Forks” in 1837. This church served the people of the Renous – Blackville area plus the Upper Miramichi region. In 1846 a group of settlers of the Renous area, under the leadership of William O’Brien, requested that a church be established in Renous. Thus St. Bridget’s was built,beginning on September 15, 1851. St. Bridget’s became a parish upon the appointment of Rev.John O’Leary (He also had the missions of Our Lady of Mount Carmel and St. Joachim’s, Boiestown.). In 1891 Renous relinquished the two mission churches and took on the missions of Chelmsford and Millerton. In 1989 Chelmsford became a mission of St. Patrick’s,Nelson.Lightning struck St. Bridget’s in Aug. of 1911.,destroying it. A new church was started in 1912 and dedicated September 6, 1916, although the building was not completed until November,1952.
In 2018 there was a revamping of church parishes in the diocese of St John and St Bridget’s became part of the GOOD SHEPHERD PARISH, consisting of all Catholic churches from Renous to Boiestown.
Cemetery info
Cemetery info such as location, when established etc.
CEMETERY:
a. Old Cemetery b. New Cemetery
LOCATION OF CEMETERY:
a .12 St. Bridget’s Drive, Renous, NB; b. 10 Young Street, Renous, NB
DATES OF CEMETERY:
a. 1850 - 1944 b. 1918 – Present
Clergy list
List of clergy that have served this church
Rev. John J. O’Leary 1863-1889
Rev. Edward S. Murdock 1889-1925
Rev. J. M. Burns 1925-1934
Rev. W. J. Nowlan 1934-1950
Rev. Thomas Barry 1950-1961
Rev. Roy MacLean 1962-1971
Rev. Robert Grattan 1971-1981
Rev. Vincent Donovan 1981-1986
Rev. Sam Diotte 1986-198
Msgr. Joseph Woods 1989
Source
*
Individual or other source of this church record
a. Pax Vobis: A History of the Diocese of St John, Rev. Dr. Michael McGowan
b. History of St Bridgets www.Knights of Columbus.ca
c. North Shore Leader Apr 7 1009
Date added
Date on which this recrod was added to the database if known
2020/3/26
Added by
User name of person that entered this information into the database (if known)
faye.baisley
Revised
The last time that this record was updated.
2020/9/25
Revised by
The person that last made changes to this record
faye.baisley
Back
Print Preview